The Faculty of Political Economy in cooperation with the Master Programme in Economics of the Austrian School of Universidad Rey Juan Carlos in Madrid will organize a conference dedicated especially to Austrian Monetary Economics.
The aim of the conference is to bring together scholars interested in monetary economics in the tradition of the Austrian School and to stimulate the debate on the future of the monetary system.
The scientific committee invites the submission of theoretical and/or empirical works addressing the following themes from an Austrian perspective:
– Monetary and banking systems
– Theory of capital and interest
– Origin of economic and financial crises
– Secular stagnation, creative destruction
– Global imbalances and monetary expansion
– Monetary policy and redistribution
– Alternative currencies (e.g. bitcoins)