Information auf Deutsch hier klicken.
“Education means Economics!“ That’s how a 16-year-old student has put it during a lively discussion in the framework of the Next Generation’s Mobility Program.
Next Generation´s Mobility was established six years ago to improve the level of economic education for Austrian students and pupils. The project aims at unleashing creativity of the younger generation and sparking their interest for entrepreneurship. Next Generation´s Mobility supports young people by widening their economics horizons and bringing fascinating future prospects trough intensive economic education and networking opportunities.
Next Generation´s Mobility annually organizes a student contest to arouse youngsters’ interest in economics. A unique mentee program is provided to the participants throughout the competition, along with individual training and advice, which significantly helps students incarnate their projects.
An annual Gala, held in the framework of the Hayek Lifetime Achievement Award, celebrates the most outstanding contributions to economics and entrepreneurship, and at the same time marks and recapitulates the results of Next Generation´s Mobility Program. This year the Award will be bestowed upon Peter Thiel, a co-Founder of PayPal and perspicacious Angel Investor, who contributed to the development of the world famous tech projects. Former recipients of the Hayek Lifetime Achievement Award were Mario Vargas Llosa, Niall Ferguson, Leonard Liggio, Dambisa Moyo, and Deirdre McCloskey.
Generous contributions and sponsoring made Next Generation’s Mobility come true through internships, literature packages (in 2014-2015 more than 300 books were granted), mentoring and starting up student projects, and many other education and business activities. The Program covers travel costs to its participants and also provides them with helpful “education gifts”. There are a number of lessons and workshop activities available to future economics professionals. They include, but not limited to:
- Basics of economics
- Entrepreneurship: Liberty and Responsibility
- How to run a business
- International trade
- Finance markets
- The importance of Competition
- Constitution and its effects on economy
- Bailouts and national economy
The Next Generation´s Mobility Program is funded by sponsorship contributions. These contributions are tax deductible in Austria as well as in the United States of America. You can make your sponsorship through:
- € 250 education gift. Your contribution will be directed towards organization of the mentee program. In gratitude for your valuable sponsorship, the Next Generation invites you for the festive Gala on 10 November 2015 at Gartenpalais Liechtenstein.
- € 500 education gift. Your contribution will cover participation of pupils and students in our annual event – Hayek Lifteime Achievement Award, celebrating Peter Thiel’s entrepreneurship achievements. In appreciation of your kind contribution, the Next Generation invites you and your friend for the festive Gala on 10 November 2015 at Gartenpalais Liechtenstein.
- € 1000 education gift. Your contribution will be used for literature packages and organization of various activities in the framework of the Next Generation’s Mobility. In sincere appreciation of your contribution, the Next Generation invites you and your friend for the Reception with Peter Thiel at the festive Gala at Gartenpalais Liechtenstein on 10 November 2015.
- 3000 education gift. In gratitude and sincere appreciation of your valuable contribution, the Next Generation kindly invites you for the Reception with Peter Thiel at the festive Gala at Gartenpalais Liechtenstein. This invitation covers participation of five individuals.
- € 5000 education gift. Your contribution is substantial to the economic education program of the Next Generation! In deep gratitude and appreciation of your generous contribution, we invite you for the Exclusive dinner with Peter Thiel on 10 November 2015 right after the Gala at Gartenpalais Liechtenstein. This invitation for the Reception, Gala and Exclusive Dinner covers participation of two individuals.
Let´s get the Next Generation started!
Find more information about the Next Generation´s Mobility Program at: https://www.austriancenter.com/2015/10/01/peter-thiel-well-knowen-facebook-and-paypal-investor-meets-the-next-generation-in-vienna/#sthash.ause4JmV.dpuf